Help Desk Engineer is responsible for providing fast and useful technical assistance on computer system, answering queries on basic technical issues and offering advice to solve them.
Reports to: System Administrator, Director IT
- Respond to requests for technical assistance;
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues;
- Install and test computer-related equipment;
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers;
- Research questions using available information resources;
- Advise user on appropriate action;
- Follow standard help desk procedures;
- Log all help desk interactions;
- Administer help desk software;
- Redirect problems to correct resource;
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention;
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions;
- Inform management of recurring problems;
- Prepare activity reports;
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures;
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
- Oral and written communication skills;
- Learning skills;
- Customer service orientation;
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues;
- Problem analysis skills;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Team interaction;
- Planning and organizing skills;
- Attention to details and;
- Discipline and abidance to confidentiality rules;
- Stress tolerance.
- Higher education (Preferably technical);
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role;
- Strong skills of Windows server and desktop family operation systems (2008/2012/2016 7/8/10 ) troubleshooting and day to day maintenace;
- Strong skills of ofiice software troubleshooting;
- Strong skills of desktop and server hardware installing and troubleshooting;
- Good understanding of rpm- based Linux distibutives (CentOS, SuSe);
- Experrience with Cisco and Mikrotik network switches and routers;
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote control.
As a plus:
- Linux script programming skills (Bash, Ruby);
- Linux Internet service setup, configure ( DNS, SQUID, DHCP, EMAIL, WEB).
What we offer to You:
• Dynamic business environment;
• Long-term employment;
• Competitive compensation level;
• Health care (medical insurance, office massage, yoga);
• Comfortable working place with modern facilities;
• Office close to Vasylkivska subway station;
• Free transfer from subway station – to the office.
If you are interested in this position and match above-stated requirements, please do not hesitate to send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more detailed information about the job opportunities in our company, visit our official career page: